Thursday, January 31, 2008

Overrun by the flu!

Austyn and I have apparently been consumed by the flu this week. I called my doc today and was told that there is a bad strain of the flu going around right now causing sinus problems, coughing, vomiting and achy body. I guess that explains Austyn's problems over the last couple of weeks, but I'm surprised that flu is the diagnosis since she never ran a fever. She seems to be doing much better, but Im a different story :) The doctor said it takes 7 to 10 days to run its course and I am somewhere around day 2 or 3. So I probably have a long weekend ahead. The doctor also said that my blood work came back on Tuesday and it turns out I'm moderately anemic as well. So tomorrow I have to start on a new prescription for that. This isn't a very happy post, but I just wanted to let everyone know whats going on in case they dont hear out of us for a few days! :)
On a positive note, I'm stoked about the new port-a-crib that we got for Peyton. I was at Kmart on Tuesday and ran across a $99 playyard on clearance for $60! I was worried about it missing something or being broken, but upon getting it out of the box, it was in perfect condition! I was so excited and will get pics of it posted tomorrow (whether anyone cares to see it or not :) ). It is definitely an upgrade from the laundry basket that Austyn slept in when she was a newborn!
Hope everyone is doing well and evading the flu!

No comments: